Whenever I go to a Japanese restaurant, I always order Tofu Steak for appetizer. I just love how the flavor of this dish works like fireworks in my mouth! Since I love eating this, I might as well learn how to cook this dish!
I am glad that my cooking escapade with tofu steak turned out well! My family enjoyed it!
1 pack Japanese Tofu
1 pack Japanese Breadings
5 tbsp flour
1 medium size egg (lightly beaten)
cooking oil (for frying)
For the Sauce
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 medium size white onion (chopped)
150 grams ground beef
2 Tbsp. Mushroom Oyster Sauce
1/4 cup Chinese Soysauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
3 Tbsp. Chopped Green Onions or Leeks
1 Tbsp. flour dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
- Cut the Japanese Tofu into 1/2 inch thick.
- Dredge the tofu in flour, dip in egg then coat with the Japanese bread crumbs. Deep Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a frying pan or wok, sauté the chopped onion.
- Add the ground beef, mushroom oyster sauce, Chinese Soy sauce, garlic powder, sesame oil, ground black pepper.
- Once the beef is cooked, add the leeks then the flour dissolved in water. Simmer.
- Arrange the tofu on a serving dish. Pour the sauce on top.
- Serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy your Crispy Tofu Steak!